Today, Cason figured out how to walk behind his train. He’s been trying for a while but the train would get away from him. Here is a little video. He’d never walk far when the camera was out but he can go across the room.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
First Easter Basket
He spotted the goods and came "running"
Went straight for the peep
Then checked out the rest of the loot from the Easter Bunny.
Then we went to church and over to Grandmoo and Grandpoo's house for lunch. Cason loves playing the piano and is tall enough to reach the keys on his own.
We took a break to take family pictures
And back to the piano with Uncle Eric after lunch.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Food and Drinks
Cake I made
“Smash cake” I made
He got a whole slew of awesome gifts but this one deserves some special recognition. Uncle Eric made Cason his very own, personalized rocking horse! Cason LOVES it!
This picture concludes the Pooh Bear photo series. Cason is 1 year old! Time sure flies!
And a look back at the past year:
At 1 year old, Cason is:
- Cruising along the furniture
- Walking behind push toys
- Eating anything and everything ... he's "like Mikey" and always cleans his plate. Still loves bananas, carrots and yogurt but is really good about eating anything we give him.
- "Talks" all the time -- He says "Dog" and lots of "Mamamama" and "Dadadada" but not really directed at us
- Laughs a lot
- Plays well independently but loves for us to play with him
- Crawls all over the place
- Love pulling out the safe cooking utensils I have in the bottom drawers
- Drinking mostly whole milk (finishing out the last can of formula)
- Drinking out of straw cups
- Loves to crawl up the stairs
- Still a great sleeper but starting to fight the morning nap sometimes.
This has been an amazing year. I never knew how much I'd love this little guy, how much fun we'd have, how much our lives would change.
Friday, April 8, 2011
Saturday, April 2, 2011
Our first son, Admiral, was recently honored with having our neighborhood dog park named after him. The Admiral Bark Park! He's really getting a big head and thinks he's so special! He's right, he is pretty darn special!
The groundbreaking ceremony was Friday and the development team asked us to come out for pictures. We arrived to a bucket full of humongous bones, boxes of treats and several new toys. SPOILED.ROTTEN!
Admiral was so proud of his new bone that he pranced around the house with it for a good hour. He was trying to find a place to bury it and started to whine after not finding a suitable location.
Against our better judgment, we let the bone go outside with Admiral. Ryan went to work in the yard this morning and noticed the bone was missing. He said, "Admiral, where's your bone? Bone?" Admiral trotted off to the trees and proudly showed Ryan where he had half buried it. Unfortunately, since Ryan knew its location, Admiral had to remove it so we didn't get a picture. We think its been reburied this evening so maybe we'll get a picture tomorrow!
Admiral loves his the new squeaker toy and Cason had to get in on that action